Monday, July 14, 2008

Bird shirt...





Since Grandbaby Hazel arrived, I've had a hankerin' to make something special for her. I really enjoy embroidery so I went looking for some ideas and then added my own touches. First, I ironed some interfacing to the underside of a plain Onsie. Then I traced the pattern on with a washable pen, using a window for back-light to see through the shirt. I found this cute Bird Pattern at Hoop Love from Beetastic's Vintage Finds, also known as Sweet Bee at her blog. I loved her color combos so I copied her and then added a little running stitch to the front of the collar for a homey touch. I'm quite happy with it. I can just see "Hazel Peach" in it in a month or so. I'm working on another Onsie with a Busy as a Bee pattern, also from Beetastic's Vintage Finds.


Addendum: One more finished tonight!



11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely adorable! You've gone form towels to clothing now you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - you are going to have such fun with this new little grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable...
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sweet! I loved onsies on my babies. I love the colors. Hazel is going to look just peachy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay...these are too DARN CUTE!! I love the bird pattern,actually both! You are an AWESOME Grammy, and I think you are having FUN aye?;)

    Thanks for posting the links...I think I will try a hand at these just for fun. Continue to love learning from you!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Very nice work. The patterns and colors are just perfect for your precoius little peach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I especially like the chubby little birds. And you're a fast worker, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and sweet! What happy times you are having at your house! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy there Ms. Gumbo -- you're going to be making me want a grandbaby before it's my turn. Those are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...