Monday, September 29, 2008

Elf Stitchette Stockings...



Three big Christmas stockings for the babies --
Mission Accomplished!




I used Wee Wonderfuls' free Elf Stitchette pattern for the cute children and Doe-C-Doe's alphabet letters for the tops. This took a little resizing and fiddling, but I'm happy with the results.



I added red & white ticking for the toe and heel and cuff and the back has a pre-quilted natural muslin that makes the stockings stiff and sturdy feeling. Now it's onto more embroidery projects! It's such a gorgeous Indian Summer day here that may have to take my projects to the picnic table.

7 comments:

  1. Those little elves are so cute! I think they will be a great embroidery project for my girls. You did a wonderful job on the stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Love the redwork and ticking!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stockings are just too cute! I know they will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! I like the added touches you came up with...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out beautiful! I love the touch of ticking, I love pillow ticking. The initial is a lovely touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the stockings, Jody. What lucky babies. These will be a treasure forever. I can picture them hanging, Martha-Stewart style, of course, on a very festive mantle come Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...