Saturday, April 11, 2009

Even now, Even there, Even so...


Common Flicker (red-shaft race) in my back yard.

For "Faith reaches out to what it does not grasp"; it is always saying, "Even now, Even there, Even so." But I know that even now that which is beyond human hope can be. I know that "even there, in the uttermost places, shall Thy hand lead me and They right hand shall hold me." And most tender, most intimate of all, "even so, Father, for so it seemeth good in Thy sight." and here, as we know, "Even so" means simply "Yes." "Yes, Father," yes to everything, to every challenge of faith, to every mystery. And then before we are aware, we have crossed the waters and they did not overflow us. And we look up, and away beyond, and high above us, like a finger pointing up into the sky, is the summit of a mountain, the mountain -- our hearts tell us so -- that is set for us to climb.


Amy Carmichael, Gold By Moonlight

Happy Easter!
He is Risen!

5 comments:

  1. Jody,

    I always feel refreshed and renewed when I come to your blog!
    He is Risen indeed. Blessings to you this Easter!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has risen, He has risen indeed! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. A very Happy Easter to you and yours..
    Христос Воскрес! (Christ is Risen in Russian) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jody,
    Popped over to wish you and the family a Happy Easter..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...