Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crab salad in shells....



The recipe and presentation has all come about due to my sweet son-in-love.  It is his mother's crab salad recipe which she shared with me over M's graduation lunch.  Son-in-love had a crab salad appetizer served in jumbo shells that he told me about.  I thought it was a brilliant idea so I copied, and the results were scrumptious!  The recipe, which I will share, is one of those that must be tasted as you go and may also be altered according to your tastes, but I will list the ingredients for you to mix as you like.  By the way, since we are plains dwellers and our local grocery stores are geared for the ranching community, I settle for the imitation crab without reservation.

Tammy's Crab Salad

1 lb. crab meat or imitation crab
REAL mayonnaise
chopped celery
chopped black olives
chopped green onions
bacon bits
grated Monterrey Jack Cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Mix it to your liking.  The longer the salad sits in the frig, the more the flavors come through.  Serve in cooked jumbo pasta shells.  The salad is also delicious by itself, as a sandwich salad, or rolled in tortillas as a wrap.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, I love crab anything! Our little store is the same,but I'm so glad we have one here. Sending you my wish for your very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am buying the ingredients tomorrow and will take it to my sisters house on Christmas evening...she will love it. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jody...I got it! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I love it! I like the way you present the recipe - that's how I cook (a little of this, not too much of that . . . done!)
    I hope you are enjoying peace and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so good - even at 6:30 a.m. when I read this!

    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a good new year. I've enjoyed your blog for a couple years, and you've been such a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this looks scrumptious for sure. Mine wouldn't eat it but it can be a treat some weekend for me when the guys go camping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this for a bbq over the Memorial Day weekend ( yes, I have had it on my to-do list for that long) since I was putting it out as a side dish, I just boiled a box of Rotini and mixed it in, instead of stuffing all the shells. IT'S SO GOOD! I directed half a dozen people towards to recipe lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...