Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shrimp Dinner ~ Effortlessly

This recipe is so effortless and so delicious, you'll want to have company over just to show off!  Hats off to my friend, Clarice at Storybook Woods for the recipe, Parmesan-Crusted Baked Shrimp.  Believe me, this lady really knows how to put a meal across the table.

Last night it was just the two of us, and when the sons are gone, Hubs and I like to eat foods that they often don't like.  Shrimp is one of those foods.  I have made a very good coconut shrimp recipe that we have enjoyed, but tonight I wanted to try Clarice's recipe.  I added in about 1/3 cup of shredded coconut to the bread crumb mixture, instead of the Parmesan cheese,  to see if it would be every bit as good as the deep-fried coconut shrimp I've made in the past.  
Oh.
my.
Goodness!
It was scrumptious, scrumptious, scrumptious!!!
And I am sure that the original recipe is every bit as good as our shrimp dinner was tonight.

My alterations were as follows:
I didn't have Panko bread crumbs so just used plain bread crumbs.
I baked mine in a cast iron skillet that I started heating on the cook top with a little bit of olive oil before I put the shrimp in it to bake in the oven.
I also sprinkled a little sea salt and red pepper over the shrimp before adding the bread crumbs mixture over top.
Added coconut, deleted Parmesan cheese.
Otherwise, it was the same basic recipe.

I'm thinking what a terrific appetizer this would be, but it's a superb supper with a large, green salad served on the side.  Serve it hot right in the skillet.
Try it!
You'll like it!

Crispy yet tender.  
Mmm Mmm

11 comments:

  1. WOW..this sounds so good...thanks for sharing it..this will be on our menu this week for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm..mmmm...good! Sounds and looks delish! ;)I think my guys would like it!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I saw Clarice's recipe and have it on my list of Things to Make, but I really like the idea of coconut and using a cast iron skillet. I happen to have some fresh shaved coconut that I've been using in granola. (My kids don't like shrimp either and it makes one of them swell up.) This is going on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too saw Clarice's recipe and have been wanting to try it. Your mention of serving it hot right from the skillet makes me think it might be fun in those little individual cast iron skillets?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! This makes me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this tonight...half of Clarice's recipe and half yours. Delicious to both!!!! Mike loved it and so did I. The red pepper was an excellent addition with the coconut. I would have never thought of it. We will be having this again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so delish! Clarice is a fabulous cook and my go to person when I have cooking questions. I'm going to have to make this soon!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your page is saying that I am in Hayward....well, I'm not, but I wouldn't want it to be guessing any closer than that!

    This recipe looks yummy. And what is the background recording I hear on your site? Did you record it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious!
    Just wanted to comment, too, about your adorable bike basket and great flower printing.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! I'll have to try both variations myself. I just seasoned some new cast iron pieces for an upcoming camping trip. Hmm... I wonder if I could make this over the campfire? Wouldn't that be an eXotic surprise over the usual burgers and beans? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...