Friday, November 04, 2011

Blue jeans quilt .....finished!

 It is finished!  I have been shoving this project to the sidelines for several months and at last I was able to get back to it and devote a good day to it.  It is far from perfect.  My excuse -- jeans are hard to work with.  The stretch, the weight, the variation of denim all contribute to its imperfection and to its individuality and character.  The denim that was contributed to this project came from my stash of family jeans that have been collected down through the years so there is a little bit of each of us sewn into this quilt. I used my quilt-as-you-go method here.

I hope our Fifth-Born enjoys his quilt.  He has been waiting long enough for it.  Oops-- do you see the other imperfections here on the back?  I honestly didn't until I took the photo.  Ah well, my boy will see far beyond the imperfect and believe it is perfectly good for him! 

16 comments:

  1. I can't see any pics...I wanna see it! Well done for finishing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous and I bet he will LOVE it!!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, I have always wanted to make one and have kept my quilt book for that forever.
    It turned out so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imperfections? I see none! It's beautiful, Jody! Love the blue and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see any imperfections, either. Just a beautiful quilt stitched with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure looks good to me! I'm sure he's going to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt Jody! I can't see the imperfections from here -- it looks great. I have a big pile of jeans that has been waiting for years -- if I could only figure out what I want to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'day. It's just beautiful. I can't see anything wrong with it. Well done. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I love that bit of green on the front that adds a little zip to the quilt. I'll bet this is one quilt that will never wear out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's going to adore having this beauty on his bed! I think my sewing machine would poop out if she had to sew on jeans. What will you make next, Jody?

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, it's huge!! Fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't see the imperfections. Love, love the quilt! Fab. I have a bunch of jeans collecting in the attic, awaiting the same fate.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just what I've been needing. My daughter is about to move into her first home, and she would love this! A question, if you don't mind-- if you use batting, do you use a walking foot? I have a machine with a walking foot, but that machine isn't currently working. The machine I do have doesn't have a walking foot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, I was so excited that I neglected to leave a comment. This quilt is Wonderful!! Your son is a lucky young man! No imperfections that I can see from here. If there are, they are just "love marks". I enjoy your blog so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it!! I've been saving my family's jeans for years, in the hope of doing this some day. You've inspired me to get started soon on a quilt for Bub.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...