Friday, October 23, 2015

Itty bitty bows....


I've been fiddling around with felt and came up with these itty bitty hair bows for my lil girl grandies.  The two on the left are larger, about 3" wide.  But the other bow on the right and the one in my hair are much smaller.  Perfect for baby girls.  I found a cool method of making hair clips stick in fine baby hair -- grippy shelf liner.  You cut a small bit of shelf liner and glue it to one side of the clip and it will grip onto the finest hair.  I made all of the clips like that, even for the big girls.  Why not?

I found the tutorials for the hair bows here and here.  All it takes is some wool-blend felt, scissors, needle & thread, a hot glue gun, and metal hair clips.  Give it a try.  It's fun!

7 comments:

  1. How cute! I love your curly hair, Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever bow-making!!

    I showed my husband your old bench saw - he says there are quite a few of those still around here. He loves anything and everything about wood and woodpiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO adventurous and inquisitive when you do these things. I'm amazed! The bows look great -- how easy to attach them that way! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! I bet those grands are getting so big now. And as always love your beautiful hair and curls. Hugs from tx, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! What a sweet idea for little baby girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! I'm sure the girls love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...