Friday, November 06, 2015

Wild birds -- in felt

 Black-capped Chickadee, Lazuli Bunting (blue), Downy Woodpecker


American Robin

Guess what?  I found DownEastThunderFarm!  And you know what Susan does there?  She makes patterns for wild birds -- made of felt.  Lots of them.  And you know what else?  She lets you print her patterns for FREE.  The only stipulation is that you don't sell them for profit.  I am so excited because each of my eight beautiful grandchildren are going to have a wild bird ornament clinging to their Christmas tree this December.  So far, I have these three made and another black-capped chickadee ready for its wire feet.  I've got an American Robin, Meadowlark, Burrowing Owl, Wren, and Red-winged Blackbird printed, and there are so many more to choose from.  Susan's patterns are clear and easy to understand.  I think the birds look very life-like, and as a bird-watcher, this thrills me.

If you're not into birds, there are also a few patterns for wild animals.  I'm especially smitten with the Whitetail Fawn, and the Christmas Moose is really sweet too.  I hope you might find your favorite bird at DownEast Thunder Farm.  Even if you don't intend to stitch up any birds, take a look around the farm anyway.  I think you'll appreciate the beautiful birds Susan has created.
 ..........................................................

Bread and milk for breakfast,
  And woolen frocks to wear,
And a crumb for robin readbreast
  On the cold days of the year.

~Christina Rosetti

4 comments:

  1. Very cute little birds Jody and a lovely gift idea for the children. I enjoyed the verse as well. Sending hugs from a misty England x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those birds!! I am going to have to check the website out. I need to see If I could make some for my grands before I go to Arizona. My daughter has always been a birder, I know she would love them on her tree. They do look real you did such a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jody -- these are fantastic! Thanks so much for the great link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pretty little birds made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...