Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Concrete Pad for Mom

Just a few days ago, my men had planned to lay some concrete pads at the feed lots in front of the feed bunks. Last time they did this, there was quite a lot left over in the cement truck so they poured what turned out to be a large pad--much more than they anticipated--in front of the barn. Well, Hubby was disappointed that he hadn't figured better and poured a nice cement pad in front of the house. So this time, he planned for the cement in front of our house first. The pour turned out perfectly for both areas. Now I think I'm living in luxury! I don't have to step in the mud with my heels before going to church and we can unload the groceries from the trunk without tracking in mud through the house. (Well, it won't keep all the dirt out, but it's a beginning) What a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm happy for you! And what a thoughtful husband!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stuff - less dirt is so much better, isn't it amazing what a piece of concrete can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When can we see the finished product?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...