Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stick-on art....

I have a stenciled phrase on my dining room wall.   Note the word "stenciled" which means tedious work to me.   I think the "wall words" type decals are brilliant, but now there is ART out there! I really mean ART! And it's in decal form. Stick-on art! I'm smitten. You must come look around and see it. 













All of these wonderful decals can be found at Etsy. Just do a search on Etsy for wall decals and you will find THOUSANDS of them. Many are very affordable. Some are more spendy, but think of what a nice framed picture from Target costs.  Just sharin'.

8 comments:

  1. I love this concept and I'm wondering why we labored with stencils in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I LOVE the one of the bicycle!! Off to check out the price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these -- especially the trees! Thanks for sharing ;).
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wanted some stenciled art to fill up newly created space on my walls after our recent remodel. I even pored over those etsy offerings -- the bare-branched trees, or birds, were my choices. But alas, we haven't got the smooth walls that are necessary, rather, bumpy "textured" surfaces. I'd love to see pictures of some real homes using these designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea!! My daughter would love a "J" on her wall -- and that bunny is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love words in visual things. I especially like the laundry stencil here! I might write that on a sticky on the fridge! Will we seeing you willow on Friday?! I do hope so! I want to hear more about your ponds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! I have to say at first I thought I was looking at pictures of your home and thought, 'Wow, she's gone wild!'

    And now I'm wondering where I could put me up some stencils ...

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha -- I never thought about the comparison between decals and stenciling -- I guess those days of tedious cutting and painting are over -- which is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...