Thursday, March 17, 2016

Simple things: the art of folding...

Now normally, I'm not one to show the insides of my drawers
until today!
I've never learned how to fold like this,
and it makes all the difference in the world in organizing drawers
while using less space for storing clothing.
(Great way to pack a carry-on too!)

A young friend of my daughter's, and a friend of mine too,
said she was "tidying up" her home.
First she started with sorting all her clothing, discarding anything
that didn't bring her joy.
That's the key to Marie Kondo's methods.

 Our friend read the book:


Actually, she listened to the audio book for free here.
I started listening today whilst I was sewing four nighties for grandies.
It's really great!  I've learned a lot.
One of the things I learned was how to fold clothes so they are neat, tidy,
and take up much less space in the drawers,
AND the best part is
 you can see ALL of your clothes upon opening the drawer!
No more buried tank tops at the bottom of the drawer.
I love that.

 tanks, slips, swimsuit

 jeans and pants

 t-shirts, shorts, lounge pants

bras and undies

If you're interested in how to fold clothes like this and organize your clothing,
you can click on over to a couple short videos:
socks and stockings
A short article on 8 Decluttering Lessons from Kondo's book

Now go clean your drawers and start folding!
It'll make you smile!
I promise.

8 comments:

  1. I have that book and have enjoyed it. It hasn't changed my life yet, maybe because I haven't given myself over to a new way of folding. I must say your drawers look spiffy! Maybe they will inspire me try, just try, doing my clothes that way. I'll let you know.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can continue this way. I'm so thrilled each time I open my drawers that I don't want it to be any different than it is. I shared the videos with my bachelor sons and they are enthused to make more space and neatness in their own homes.

      Do report back, Frances, if you give it a go!

      Delete
  2. I have heard of this life-changing book, and I've avoided it thus far :) I bet it would help though. When I think of my bathroom cabinets and drawers, I'm not sure anything in there would come under the category, "Brings MK Joy." haha! I like the look of your drawers. THanks for the link. May go listen while I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how very neat and tidy your drawers look now. What a great idea too.
    I love books like that and I have never heard of it. It might be so nice to listen to and get motivated. You have been so busy too. I like the sewing nighty's too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat and tidy! Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would die of shock if he saw my clothes folded neatly. He folds them and I throw them in the drawer. I'm not sure I have that neatness in me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful drawers Jody! ;-D I also listened to the book and thought she had some great ideas -- now I just need a year and lots of time to go through my house -- it's going to be a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post, Jody. I have a Marie Kondo addiction, having decluttered like mad a few months ago. And I'd be happy for anyone to inspect my drawers, while it lasts.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...