Saturday, October 07, 2017

Fall nature journal pages...


I finished another couple pages in my Fall Nature Journal.  It's funny how things make it into my journal.  I don't really plan anything, but just watch for things and then add them in as they come along.  I am sure that every fall season looks very different from others and yet similar too.  At least here, we can sometimes have snow at this point in the year, but today was a beautiful day -- 75* with gray clouds mixed with sunshine.  One moment I was in my shirt sleeves and the next moment I had a light jacket on.  That's very fall-esque.

I feel like I've been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster this past week.  The Las Vegas massacre started it off -- such a sad, sad thing. I've been praying much for people.  And I've been praying for our nation.  Then we put down our old dog, Sue.  She was 12 years old and a dear friend.  At the same time our youngest son, TheGolfer, left for the season.  He had been living with us, working on our fencing project, and taking in golf tournaments all summer.  His German Shepherd, Heidi, was here the whole time and became another good friend to us.  They left together this week and it was a bit of a let down -- kind of like when everyone comes for Christmas and you're having such a merry time and all at once, everyone leaves.  There was joy in remembering the days, but a little emptiness when it all ended.  Today GolferSon came back to help us again and brought Heidi back with him.  He asked if we could keep her.  He said she was miserable at his place in town, so now we have a new dog-friend.  She's just a year old and has a ton of energy.  So totally opposite Sue.  I'm thankful for a walking buddy and a protector and a playmate for the littles when they are here.  She's so good with the kids.  I do feel sad for my son, but he loves her and knows what's best for her.

Hubby and I watched the movie, The Shack this week.  It was good.  I read the book years ago and I liked it then, and the movie just added another dimension to it.  The movie came along at a good time since the message is: love one another and forgive one another.  We all need to do more of that, don't we?  I sure do.

Thanks for stopping by, Friend!  God bless you!

13 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss of dear Sue. Glad you have another puppy to keep you company and busy...yikes. Love your journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal is wonderful. It is good, I believe, to have creative outlets when we are dealing with difficult days. So sorry about your Sue, but glad the young dog is there to help heal your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about Sue! I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet. :( I know another animal can't really replace what we had, but I'm glad you have another pet-friend to accompany you on walks and to be there with you. Also, your journal page is so wonderful! Just beautiful, Jody. Blessings to you in these emotional days (and I'm with you on grieving and praying for those connected to that shooting and for our nation).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I have this lovely post on my last post. I'm sure if I did a linky thing that would be better, but then they'd only know what journal entries were on that particular post.
    You are a wonderful painter, Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comment from last night didn't come through I guess. I am so sorry about Sue. God be with you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sincere condolences on Sue's passing; it's never easy, always difficult. My sincere happiness on Heidi, what a good place for her and such a wise son...you are doubly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ummm, this is Sandra, Thistle Cove Farm

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry for dear Sue, what a wonderful sweet dog she was, I just hurt for you. I am glad though you have Heidi to help you through.
    I love your journal. Its just beautiful. I love all of the colors. It makes me happy. Las Vegas has been hard. Our town has been hit hard. We knew all four of the people here that were killed from here. Everyone you talk to knew someone there or was there. It was a hard week. It has been nice though to see our community pull together. So if there is a bright spot, it is that. I hope that this is a better week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal is just beautiful! Sorry about Sue, but very glad you have a new canine addition to your family. I'm sure your son feels very good about her living in the wide open spaces. :) Yes, it does leave an empty space when they leave again. I'm glad for technology to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I agree. It has been a hard, hard month -- kind of one thing after another. I'm so sorry about Sue. We know how that feels. So glad Heidi can be with you though! That's a joy. I hope this week lifts your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nature journal is beautiful! I totally get the roller coaster. At the end of September, we put our son on a plane for a semester in England. Hard. And our world. So much anger. So much sadness. Your journal reveals that there are still moments of joy and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww Jody, I'm so sorry about Sue. I think that's one of the saddest things about our time here -- that our animals have such short lives compared to us. But now -- a new pup for you! We had two German Shepherds while our boys were growing up -- they're Wonderful (and So Smart!)dogs. And I love her name too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late coming over to take a peek at your Fall journal. I really like your sketches/paintings. They are so lovely and you have such talent!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...